If death is an absolute fact that will happen to us all sooner or later, then life is were we put all our efforts. It is such that when we care for people who are nearing the end of their lives, rather than putting the emphasis on their prognosis we should accompany them by taking full advantage of life. Accompanying them on their journey to be one of growth, surrounded by their loved ones in an appropriate enviroment.
The hospice movement was created with this idea in mind and this takes vital importance in today’s world particularly when faced with our own social reality.
In the International conference “ Vivir con Voz Propia” “Hospice in today’s society» european experts will debate about the need for the hospice model. It will be discussed how they were created and how they adapt in the 21st century.
This conference will look at all areas of the person. Their cognitive, emotional biophysical, functional, social and spiritual needs understanding that care for the dying takes in all of these areas.
Thursday 1st December 2016
-15:00 h. Registration
-16:00 h. a 20:30 h.
- Social responsibility in end of life care. Hospice organisational models. Shaun O’Leary (St.Christophers Hospice, Inglaterra).
- The Hospice, the school of learning and social change. Dr. Carlos Centeno (Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra).
Friday 2nd December 2016
9:00 h. a 14:00 h.
- Organization of hospice at home. Naomi Hasson (St Josephs Hospice, England)
- Medical care in Hospices. Rafael Gómez García (CUDECA Hospice, Málaga)
- The Hospice as a centre of care and coordinating end of life care Nuno Santos Lopes (St.Christophers Hospice, England)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]16:00 h. a 20:00 h.
- Spirituality and compassion in hospice care. Rosamund Oliver (Deep Listening, England)
- Urban Hospices. Vincent Grandgagnage (Nord Architects Copenhague, Denmark)
Saturday 3rd December
9:00 h. a 14:30 h.
- Psychoaffective attention at the end of life from the point of view of music therapy. Signe Marie Lindstrom (Kamillianer Gaardens Hospice, Denmark).
- Compassionate city, community-based for the development of hospices. Vivir con Voz Propia’s Team. (Vitoria-Gasteiz).
- The arts at the end of life: when the artist becomes lider. Nigel Hartley (Earl Mountbatten Hospice, England)
International Conferences of Vivir con Voz Propia, “Hospices in today’s society” will be held in Vitoria-Gasteiz, from 1st to 3rd December in Europa Conference Center.
To attend to the Conferences you need to sing up, the fee is 250 euros. Seating is limited. The conference will have simultaneous translation.
To continue with your registration, click on the button below.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_btn title=»Registration» color=»orange» link=»url:http%3A%2F%2Fvivirconvozpropia.com%2Fhospices-in-todays-society%2F|||»][/vc_column][/vc_row]